It’s actually normal for a lot of people to react to stress, anger, or any emotional situation with tears and it has nothing to do with how strong a person they are?
Even Winston Churchill and Abraham Lincoln cried easily.
And making fun of someone for something they can’t control is a dick move.
Now you know.
Surprisingly, perfectionists are often procrastinators, as they can tend to think “I don’t have the right skills or resources to do this perfectly now, so I won’t do it at all.”
I rarely answer my telephone, often forget to check voicemail, and can take a shockingly long time to return phone calls.
So sue me.
The telephone is intrusive, especially for introverts, whose brains don’t switch gears all that quickly. When we’re deep in thought, a ringing telephone is like a shrieking alarm clock in the morning.
And we often give bad phone—awkward, with pauses. We struggle without visual cues, and our tendency to ponder before we talk doesn’t play well on the telephone. Being stuck on a too-long call makes me want to chew off my own leg to escape.
Sometimes, if I’m feeling devil-may-care, I’ll pick up calls from far-flung friends who want to catch-up, But I more often let them go to voicemail and then make a date (via email) for us to talk. My friends understand.
Dislike of the phone is often presented as a moral failing. But honestly, it’s not the people on the phone we dislike, it’s the instrument of delivery."
- Do you usually sleep with your closet door open or closed? Closed. It used to be to keep one of my cats out of it ‘cause he knocked down the six shelves in there in the middle of the night, but now it’s just habit.
- Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels? Nope.
- Where is your next vacation? Oh goodness. I don’t know. We’ll count China as a vacation even though it’s school.
- Who do you think reads these? My followers hopefully?
- Do you have a calendar in your room? Nope.
- What’s your plan for the day? It’s 6p right now, so I’ll be eating in a couple minutes.
- Are you reading any books right now? I just finished the Percy Jackson series (I read all but Lightning Thief in two days omg) but I hear there’s more books by the same author in the same vein, so I’ll probably pick those up.
- Do you ever count your steps when you walk? Nope. Too busy trying not to step on cracks.
- Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing? Sometimes.
- Do you chew your pens and pencils? No. I used to chew on pen caps though.
- What is your “Song of the Week”? Cough Syrup by Young the Giant
- Is it okay for guys to wear pink? Why wouldn’t it be?
- Do you still watch cartoons? Spongebob is my jam.
- Whats your favorite love movie? Imagine You & Me. I’m actually not much for romance films.
- What do you drink with dinner? I’ll probably have milk.
- What do you dip Chicken Nuggets in? Honey mustard.
- What is your favorite food/cuisine? Chinese food. I could probably subsist on dumplings.
- What movies could you watch over and over and still love? The Avengers, all the Harry Potter films, LOTR series.
- When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? A couple summers ago.
- Can you change the oil on a car? No, but I can check it so then I can ask my dad what to do. LOL
- Best thing to eat for breakfast? Omelets. LAAAWD. With tomatoes and cheese and onions and avacado…
- What is your usual bedtime? Usually after 11p.
- Are you lazy? Kinda.
- Afraid of heights? In certain situations.
- Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? Vet, superhero, horse trainer.
- Hot tea or cold tea: Hot tea.
- Tea or coffee? Coffee usually.
- Favorite kind of cookie? White chocolate macadamia nut, though I really like snickerdoodles too.
- Can you swim well? I haven’t in a long time, but I assume it’s like riding a bike.
- Can you hold your breath w/o manually holding your nose? I don’t remember. xD
- Who do you want to see right now? Hannar. :c
i really do like it when people tell me about themselves. it doesn’t matter what. it can be about their day, what they did that they found amazing, what their hobbies are, etc. i like knowing about people. in a way, it makes me feel like they trust me. you’re not bothering me with your rambling. i actually prefer to listen.
how to take care of introverts
- they need their alone time. you can play with them sometimes, but they need to recharge
- introverts often have creative minds. try grabbing their paws and dipping them in some paint, then chase them across a big piece of paper. stick the pawpad painting on the fridge. encourage self-growth
- clean out their cage regularly
- if your introvert is weary of you, try crumbling up some oreos in your hands and beckoning them towards you. feeding your introvert oreo bits will strengthen the bond between you and your introvert
ANYTHING BUT THE PHONE
my mom tells everyone I’m addicted to the computer but honestly I’m addicted to the wonderful people I’ve met while on the computer
if you fuckers lived next door I’d never be online
And by everything, I literally mean everything. I notice when someone stops hitting me up like they used to. I notice when the way someone talks to me starts changing. I notice the little things that people do, and the little things they used to do. I notice when things change, and when it’s no longer the same. I notice every single little detail. I just don’t say anything.
I am obsessed with this cat
and your “Read More“‘s
We went to a Chinese restaurant today for a field trip, and the owners showed my kidlets how to makejiaozior dumplings. They had already mixed the meat etc, so the class just had to fill and seal them.
When the owner came out with the cooked ones, she pointed and said to me in Chinese, “The pretty ones are Chef Chu’s, the other ones are the ones the students made!” and then laughed. I giggled. Of course, my students were like “WHAT DID SHE SAY?!”
“She said that you all did a great job and that your dumplings are excellent!”
If I can’t be a troll while I teach little kids, my life is just not complete.